[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] CGD carriers with mucositis

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Aug 24 16:32:03 EDT 2016

I replied to a post about scid so resending

I have a quick question about CGD carriers

I have a mother of a son with X-linked CGD who has had horrible oral mucositis as well as discoid lupus on her arms.  I know this can occur in carriers.  She dealt with this her entire life.  No other infections.

She has been tried on plaquenil, Imuran, topical steroids, and oral steroids (as a teenager, stopped since she didn't like the side effects)

Anyone care for moms of CGD patients with similar symptoms and if so has anything worked?

We are going to try a short course of steroids, and then perhaps colchicine.  Our next thought was TNF blockers (a little nervous with her SLE like rashes that things could worsen but if nothing else works we may try this.)

Thanks

James

James W. Verbsky M.D./Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Microbiology Medical Director, Clinical Immunology Research Laboratory Medical Director, Clinical and Translational Research Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI