[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Lymphoproliferation and massive splenomegaly in CVID

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Sun Sep 25 12:49:55 EDT 2016

Dr. Vignesh:

Of course, this is outside my field ... but I can't help notice that the CD4 + CD8 summation is quite above 100%.  If, indeed, there is a plurality of splenic lymphocytes that are CD4+ 8+ double positives, would this not point (more strongly) towards a lymphoma?  That, or XLP/SAP/Duncan's.  Do you have information if these are all TCR alpha/beta+?

Dr. Sokolic -- I think the platelets are 130,000/mm3.

  - K

Karl O. A. Yu, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.A.P.
Instructor of Pediatrics (Pediatric Infectious Diseases)
University of Chicago - Comer Children's Hospital
5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 6054, Chicago IL 60637
Pager:  773-702-6800   x1744
Fax:  773-702-1196
Lab phone (Bubeck Wardenburg laboratory): 773-834-6976