[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Heterozygous RAG1 mutation, isolated CD4 lymphopenia, warts and bone marrow hypoplasia

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Tue Feb 14 14:49:35 EST 2017

Thanks everybody for your precious inputs

Regarding the warts: I will definitely look into topical cidofovir... looks
very promising!

Bone marrow biopsy: Hypocellular (20-30% cellularity), hyperplastic
erythroid line with diserythropoiesis phenomena, dysplasia in <10% of
elements. maturation delay of granulopoiesis with prevalence of
hyposegmented forms (cd34+ blasts <5%). Micromegakaryocytes. Normal
hemosiderin deposits, normal reticular fibers. Presence of lymphoid
infiltrates of small T and B lymphocytes.
Traditional cytogenetics and MDS FISH panel are both negative.

BMT: we already typed him, as GATA2 suspicion was high. At this point he
has been in follow-up for two years by the hematology dept. and the
progression seems very slow. We hoped a genetic diagnosis could hint to
prognosis (and thus help regarding BMT choice and timing). However
balancing BMT indication between
- late-onset and clinically mild disease at this time, BMT risks and...
- losing the windows of opportunity due to severe infections or
hematological disease progression
is daunting!

I'll keep you posted,
Kind regards,