[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] XLA and cochlear implant

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Mar 9 01:21:12 EST 2017

Dear colleagues.

I would truly appreciate your words of advise.

I am following a 11 year old boy, diagnosed with XLA (BTK mutation), who
also presents with bilateral neurosensorial hypoacusia. I believe it is not
secondary to infections or medication, I think it could be
deafness-dystonia opctic neuronopathy syndrome. The patient is on IVIG and
is generally doing well.

I have looked for information regarding the use of cochlear implants in
these patients. The information is scarce and I have found only a few case
reports, that suggest they usually don´t help.

I would like to know if you have experience with cochlear implants in XLA
patients and if so, is it helpful? Would you reccommend to try it with my
patient?

Thank you so much.

Best regards

Guisela Adriana Alva Lozada
Allergy and Immunology
Hospital Nacional Edgardo Rebagliati Martins
Lima Peru

or send a blank email to leave-4244328-96396833.5a9591ccd1e327fe6bc4d1543298c482 at lyris.dundee.net