[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] tricho-hepato-enteric syndrome with SKIV2L

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Jun 8 06:49:19 EDT 2017

Mine have had the TTC37 mutation or an unknown mutation so I am not sure it is exactly analogous.  I will say that Dr. Badens in France was extremely helpful when we started thinking about how best to manage our patients.

The SKIV2L mutations, I believe, have been associated with an interferon signature so you might think about a JAK inhibitor but I will tell you what we did for our patients.

Our patients too had infections out of proportion to what their labs would suggest.  We used immune suppression to control gut inflammation but they were still TPN dependent.  The good news was that over time, we could withdraw the immune suppression (tacrolimus) and the child (one long term survivor) was able to eat.  She remains short and has mild cognitive impairment but is a functioning (and very cute) young adult now.  She is still dependent on immunoglobulin replacement.

Her first two years were an incredible challenge in terms of fluid management and nutrition.  Her parents get a lot of credit for being such strong advocates and managers.  The child who died, died of sepsis.

Kate Sullivan, MD PhD
Wallace Chair
Chief of Allergy Immunology
ARC 1216 CHOP