[sbe-eas] XMSR sending RWT's again?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Jun 8 13:56:59 EDT 2022

Yes.  SiriusXM is sending RWTs again (without attention tones or audio
message).

It was a private business decision by SiriusXM to start sending RWTs on
its barker channels.

FCC's 2019 rule change for SDARS exempting it from routine
weekly testing remains unchanged (according to the FCC, the commission
did not receive *ANY* objections).  SiriusXM can voluntarily send RWTs.

As far as I know, Premiere Networks does not conduct any routine tests on
its "FEMA channel."  Supposedly Premiere carries national tests, but no
one I know has received any.

NPR conducts routine weekly tests (but does not include audio) on its
"squawk" channel, so actual national tests (NPT) audio levels are all
over the place.