[sbe-eas] EAS Encoder/Decoder Funding Question

Adrienne Abbott nevadaeas at charter.net
Tue Dec 20 18:03:48 EST 2022

I was in college radio in the days of CONELRAD. The box was already there
when pulled my first shift at KSJS. The only thing I remember was being told
that if that box ever did anything, I was to immediately call Dr. Flick, the
head of the broadcasting department.

Adrienne Abbott, W6BCY

Nevada EAS Chair

"Radio burps, it cries, it needs to be fed all the time, it requires
constant attention, but we love it." Jim Aaron WGLN

Hal Kneller wrote:

>For commercial stations, and I've been in the business for about 50 years
now, I never remember getting a "freebie" from the government for EAS, EBS
or CONELRAD (wait, >I wasn't in the business for CONELRAD).

On Behalf Of Swisher, Chris

Long time listener, but first time caller here. I was asked a good question
that I am reaching out for NCE and LP background, as I doubt that
commercial stations have ever benefitted. Has the FCC ever provided funding
for EAS equipment purchase due to Federal mandates?