[sbe-eas] The Next National EAS test is coming

Dave Anderson dave at fab-corp.com
Thu Jul 27 13:44:20 EDT 2023

Ken,

We received the NPR PEP RWT via the Squawk channel.     Heres what the Sage saw:

This automated message was sent by a Sage Digital ENDEC.  Do not reply to this
message.

------------
Alert Received at 07/26/23 20:20:32 on monitor #2
Matched Filter OTHERS
A Primary Entry Point System has issued a Required Weekly Test for all of the
United States beginning at 8:20 pm and ending at 8:50 pm (NPR 1)
ZCZC-PEP-RWT-000000+0030-2080020-NPR 1   -
Log Only.

PRSS had notified us about the test, as seen below:

On Wednesday July 26, 2023, in order to assess continued equipment performance and readiness for the resilient EAS, FEMA plans to conduct a test of the Emergency Alert System using the RWT alert code.  The NPR Primary Entry Point test is scheduled for 8:20 PM EDT.  The test will be approximately 30 seconds in duration and include a short, standard audio test message.

This test in in preparation for the Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System using the NPT alert code later this year.

No action is required at the station level, with exception of your awareness this is a planned FEMA test utilizing the RWT alert code.

Warm Regards,

Dave Anderson, CBRE
Chief Broadcast Engineer
WUSF Public Media
andersond11 at wusf.org<mailto:andersond11 at wusf.org>
Call on Microsoft Teams<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=andersond11@usf.edu>
727-514-8050 Mobile
813-974-8650 Office
www.wusf.org<http://www.wusf.org/>

Sent from my iPhone.  Sorry for any typos!