[sbe-eas] Question for the group about a station carrying a RMT for an in-DMA area but for an adjacent state

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Nov 9 10:33:29 EST 2023

You'll need to ask the SECCs in Arizona and New Mexico.  There are about a
hundred EAS operational areas which cross state borders.  EAS is a federal
program, not a state program.  Neilsen DMAs are not relevant.

A few years ago, I drew maps of almost all the EAS operational areas in
the country.

https://www.donelan.com/easmaps/index.html

The FCC has left it up to the SECCs to coordinate EAS operational areas.
You only need to carry one RMT each month, but which one applies in which
area is determined by the SECCs.

I don't think anyone from the FCC has bothered to check in over 30 years.