[sbe-eas] Question for the group about a station carrying a RMT for an in-DMA area but for an adjacent state

mlangner at swcp.com mlangner at swcp.com
Thu Nov 9 10:17:38 EST 2023

Hello everyone !

Please help me with a question I've not encountered before!

If a station with community of license Albuquerque, NM picks up an RMT for
Arizona via IPAWS, should the Albuquerque station carry the Arizona RMT if
the station has coverage of, and viewers in, a (small)  part of Arizona that
is in the New Mexico DMA? Per the map, the same question is applicable to
any case in which a/the Albuquerque station might receive an IPAWS RMT for
Colorado as small parts of Colorado are also in the Albuquerque-Santa Fe
DMA.

Here's the DMA map. The northeast corner of Arizona (shown in purple) is
part of the Albuquerque-Santa Fe DMA.

I really appreciate any insight you can give me. We want to do it right!

Many thanks in advance!

Mike/

Mike Langner, Chair
SECC-NM