[sbe-eas] Question

mlangner at swcp.com mlangner at swcp.com
Thu Jan 11 13:34:34 EST 2024

Thanks, Richard !

In New Mexico we went this direction because from the inception of the EAS system and up until the advent and operation of the IPAWS alerting system the State of New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management folks and their predecessors had no way to issue EAS alerts directly.  Their facility in Santa Fe, our state capital, had the ability to receive EAS tests and alerts, but not to issue them.  Hence having KKOB(AM), the area PEP, SP-1, and LP-1 station was the best and most reliable way to provide compliance.

Thanks again!

Mike/

Mike Langner, Chair
SECC-NM