[SBE] Fw: unlicensed wireless

Paul Christensen pchristensen at ieee.org
Wed Mar 21 14:19:48 EDT 2007

>I would like to get some input on allowed use of unlicensed wireless

> router type of devices. Is "broadcast" of this technology legal. In

> other words, can someone use unlicensed 2.4 GHZ devices to provide

> internet services to a community?

Be mindful of the technical prerequisites and limitations described under 47
CFR 15.245-249.

The larger issue is whether or not you have authorization to re-transmit
data from an ISP. You will likely need to secure a written services
agreement with an ISP or a wide bandwidth data wholesaler, such as Akamai.

Paul

Paul Christensen, CPBE, CBNT
LAW OFFICE OF PAUL B. CHRISTENSEN, P.A.
3749 Southern Hills, Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Office: (904) 379-7802 Facsimile: (904) 212-0050
pchristensen at ieee.org