[SBE] audio problem

Robert Combs robert.combs at cumulus.com
Wed Aug 22 11:29:42 EDT 2007

I had a similar problem years ago when a PD was making his own remixes at
his house and emailing them to himself as a MP3. The processing he was using
at home made everything sound super in the monitors, but on the air, they
sounded like crap (technical term). I found that his processing opened up
the frequencies so well that when it was compressed to a MP3 and then run
through our station processing again with compression that it distorted the
audio and caused us to even lose several frequencies all together.