[SBE] FAA Flight Service Stations

Brian Urban burban at kut.org
Fri Oct 19 14:24:41 EDT 2007

I've seen some of the articles listed, however, when I called in our beacon
outage in July, I called San Angelo FSS at the old number, and they
answered. This was a month after they supposedly were closed per the FAA
documents.

Did any of the articles list which FSS were closing and when? Not that I
recall; the Workbench column stated that there may be a new number for some
areas. So how are we supposed to know if/when our area will be affected?
Hindsight being 20/20, it sure would have been nice to have some notice as
each region was converted with effective dates listed. Even a recorded
message on the old number would help.