[SBE] Video DA Help

Henry M. Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Fri Nov 30 08:10:59 EST 2007

Glenn,

Nope. I think it is key to have a plan though.

I have used variations of this in new installs or within existing
uncoded, haphazardly built systems. Black being the most common
color, I stay away from that. There is usually a range of colors in
stock or readily available at the local supplier. We usually use Nemal
Electronics (http://www.nemal.com) locally as they are very good at
cutting to length for specific jobs.

As to model/brand of cable, I use Belden 1505A, Canare L-CFB, or
Belden 1694A exclusively for non-plenum runs depending on the run
length and Trompeter BNCs for( Belden) coax. No choice on Canare. We
have been experimenting with Bowmar (http://
www.bomarinterconnect.com/) connectors as an alternative to Trompeter
and find them very good, inexpensive, and readily available (from
Newark). I have had poor results with West Penn audio cable- heat
shrink issues.

Our color code for coax, twisted pair audio and data:
HD/SD-SDI = Purple (Violet)
NTSC Composite = Orange
YRB = Black jacketed R,B,G (internal cables). No choice in a snake!
AES1 (stereo left,right) = Green
AES2 (chan3,4)= Blue
TC = Yellow
Reference = Black or Gray
CAT5/6, LAN, Data = Blue <-twisted pair is pretty easy to distinguish
from coax...
RS422 (machine control) = Green<-twisted pair is pretty easy to
distinguish from coax...
Analog Audio Stereo left channel = Brown
Analog Audio Stereo right channel = Red (Red on Right)

HTH,

Henry Seiden

--
Henry M. Seiden