[SBE] Video DA Help

Glenn Little WB4UIV glennmaillist at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 28 23:50:35 EST 2007

We just bought a frame with Video DAs on EBay. Cost us about $35.00
delivered. We have two frames with STM-85N cards. I will be removing the
failed ones and moving the CB sync lines from these to my new frame if
Video DAs.

To start with I will be pulling one sync line per rack into Master Control
and getting away from all the looping that was done before I got there.

When I get done, I hope to have nothing looped and a spare line in each rack.

There was mentioned, earlier, about using different colors for the cable. I
have used red to indicate a cable that will take us off air if removed. I
use violet for sync.

Is there a standard for color coding video lines?

You might be surprised (maybe not) at what I have found under the floor.
Someone needed audio in the studio. They piggy backed a cable on the
connector going into the STL to get the audio. As soon as I found that,
that line was cut.

I have found audio lines just twisted together. I guess that was a quick
fix that never got fixed correctly. I am trying to clean this up.

We just redid the studio. About a week before hand, I started pulling
cables back into the tech core that went into the studio and were not
connected to anything. I now have a back room full of cable.

Now to get the documentation up to speed!

Thanks to all for the advice.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV