[SBE] BE FM5B Transmitter Parts

Chuck Bullett chuckbullett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:43:41 EST 2008

Thanks, guys.

I just threw in the towel and ordered the new design from BE for $2800,
courtesy of John Abdnouer.

I could certainly make anything work of course, but the plumbing is pretty
nice in this particular plant, so in an effort to keep it that way, I'm
resigning to "paying the big bux", and taking the attitude that this rig is
an auxiliary transmitter, which is generally only used in the worst of times
(i.e. worst weather, worst electrical conditions, etc etc). There's no
excuse for not insuring that it is brought back to spectral spec, and that
it will work on one of the worst RF hilltops on the west coast, San Bruno in
SF, which has an eagle's eye view of Sutro.

Thanks for the read guys. I'm sure that the FM20H filter could be made to
work with 1 5/8 to 3 1/8 adapters, but this solution will certainly be
cleaner.

Thanks again and 73's de Chuck Bullett; W1AEK- Show quoted text -