[SBE] Anyone using Dalet playout software

Albert Muick radioresearch_field_operations at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 15:22:29 EST 2008

Hi All,

As usual, the UN bought into this program called Dalet. Now, it's a little complicated to use, but it does work, however, our system contract integrator just sent up 30 computers for a rollout nationwide here in Haiti, and every darned one of them is loaded with XP SP2.

Not so bad, you might think, except we are using the Digigram 822V2 np audio card, and Dalet insists we use driver 6.2m which, quite frankly, dies like a fart in a thunderstorm when I reboot after installation. Digigram says to use driver version 6.4f and above, however, Dalet won't install with these drivers, as there seems to be a fight over memory or resources.

Now, it seems to me that the integrator was hoping we wouldn't open these boxes and try the install until the team got here at the end of March, however I have tasking to have two units and a studio ready by February 27th. They are really upset that we are doing two "premature" installations, LOL.

My question to all my hardy fellow engineers is: is anyone else using Dalet software? With XP SP2? If so, are you using a Digigram 822V2 card and if so, which driver/PCX Tools combo are you using with Xp SP2?

Thanks for any help!

Al Muick, BSEE CBRE MCSE
Broadcast Technology Officer/Technical Director
Radio MINUSTAH
United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti