[SBE] Tarring Copper

dynotherm at earthlink.net dynotherm at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 18 18:31:31 EST 2008

In several areas the are taking wiring and plumbing from vacant
houses. There have also been reports of attempted theft from
power substations - generally putting the would be thief in the
hospital or as an entrant for the next round of Darwin awards.

Unless some action is taken to bring those who fence hot copper
to justice, or the price of copper declines significantly, this
will continue. Sooner or later they are going to figure out that
all those lines along railroads are copper and the result may be
a tragedy of major proportions.

Phil Alexander, CSRE , AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065 FAX (317) 335-9037