[SBE] Discussion topics

chscherer at everestkc.net chscherer at everestkc.net
Thu Mar 13 17:13:58 EDT 2008

I'm all for the interaction between members. That is a prime purpose for this list.

I created this list when I was the SBE president as a way for members to communicate on matters about the SBE and serve as a forum for information exchange. No one is being pushed to other places to do that.

Yes, several new people have contributed for the first time ever. That's fantastic. I'm glad to see that. I also noted that while the tower info is interesting, I see it as a general topic and not one specific only to SBE members. I have yet to see it develop into more conversations on new topics. I saw it growing into an argument as to what towers should or should not be included.

I had hoped to raise the bar with this list, just as SBE membership raises the bar by showing that you have more than a casual interest in broadcast engineering.

But if that's what you want to discuss, fine. This list can digress into the same useless chatter that I see on so many of those other lists. My interest in what this list could be is incompatible with that direction.

Chriss