[SBE] technology at 2008 NAB

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Fri Mar 14 11:44:30 EDT 2008

Although we will be all HD after this summer, the analog TX will be rebuilt
as a DTV backup, the source equipment already has converters to work in the SDI
world, and a monitor is a monitor. So except for a few legacy items that
just don't cut it anymore, looks like we will have about 90% continued life of
analog hardware. The toss outs will be a huge Andrew Trasar (33 slot) top mount
56 antenna, two channel combiners (56 and 17 in, and then split at the tower
top). and the 56 NTSC sideband filter.

Henry