[SBE] Inbox Filtering --was-- Re: Discussion topics

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Fri Mar 14 12:05:41 EDT 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 11:46 am, Chris Tarr wrote:

> I also recommend setting a "rule" or "filter" in your mail client. I

> have an "SBE Roundtable" folder in my mailbox - anything that comes

> from the remailer goes directly into that folder where I can go and

> look through it at my leisure. It also keeps my inbox clutter-free.

Of course, this doesn't work for digest mode, due the nature of a "digest."

Spam-O-Matic started life as a classifier. A "filter" of this type, of sorts.
Filtering incoming e-mail has always been one of the better things
anyone can do, whether in the client itself, or on the "server" as with
procmail and a *nix IMAP box.

Micro$oft called it a "spam" filter, and though it was really nothing more
than a word list classifier, and filtered spam horribly poorly, those same
word list filters can do a really good job of sending messages into
various "mailboxes" for lists, sub-list lists, subjects, senders, and the like.

Until very recently, nearly all mail clients included some kind of word list
"filter" that properly used, can do a really good job at sorting mail, if not
"filtering" it. They work VERY well for this purpose.

The right tool for the right job.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Someday you'll get your big chance -- or have you already had it?