[SBE] New tools and skills

chscherer at everestkc.net chscherer at everestkc.net
Sat Mar 15 22:20:47 EDT 2008

Sorry for the heavy snip below, but it was too much to try to condense into a few lines.

Re: developing new programs to address the changes in media engineering -
This is why the SBE has been holding strategic planning meetings for the past several years. One good example of identifying this need is the success story of the CBNT certification. Also, the now reinvigorated Education Committee has some good plans in the works. There will be a mix of traditional topics and new topics.

Being a volunteer organization, it takes the right champion to get an effort started, and it takes appropriate support from the membership to make it successful.

Ideas are always appreciated, but ideas need workers to make them a reality. As SBE members, you can help make the ideas a reality by getting involved.

Chriss