[SBE] Industry retirement situation

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sun Mar 16 19:06:36 EDT 2008

Well said, Robert -

Seems that no matter what field we find ourselves in, when
things don't go the way we want them to, or changes are
headed our way....Some of our first thoughts are to fight
back or to feel that, for some reason, our field is the only
one. When was the last time you saw a Radio/TV repair
shop?...Or a Service Station (with full service)...A tube-
tester in a Grocery Store. Reel to Reel tapes in a station
etc etc. These are all changes that we MUST adapt to
or, as the General said...We will become irrelevant.

My question to you is this - How can SBE, as an
organization of our peers, help those that are struggling
with this issue at this time?

As a person that sets at the BOD table, I'd like to hear
what you and others think.

Clay Freinwald