[SBE] Discussion topics

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Mon Mar 17 12:53:25 EDT 2008

Hi Kent -

Remember that the direction SBE takes is determined by the
- ELECTED - Board. And that Board is elected from
Broadcast Engineers (such as myself) that CHOOSE to
run for election because of my conviction that I can exert
influence that will direct SBE in the path I feel it should go.

I don't always get my way, afterall there are others on the
Board whose thoughts may well be different than I, but I can
tell you, from 7+ years in that seat, that a person can make
a difference.

Now, with that being said, a couple more related items -

> This discussion is very helpful, the problem is we don't

have many of them.

> I love to convey the feelings of members to SBE's

decision making body, however, like most things in our
democracy....It's much easier to gripe than to contact our
rep and make - constructive - comments.

> I know, first hand, that when the Nominating Committee

is searching for folks who would like to serve, many times,
it's slim-pickens.

> SBE is a democratically operated organization and as such

needs good, constructive input from it's members for
direction....ie, SBE is what the members, collectively, wish
it to be.

> (Finally) keep up the input mechanism, via this Remailer,

and by contacting members of the Board. We all make
a difference.

Thanks -

Clay Freinwald