[SBE] defining broadcast engineer

McGlothen, Darryl darryl.mcg at klewtv.com
Mon Mar 17 19:00:28 EDT 2008

Our local Cable provider has opted to receive our digital transmission
(HD and SD) off-air rather than utilize the existing fiber (analog) from
the Studio. Why? A digital receiver was cheaper to buy and install than
another fiber transmit/receive pair. Will they transition over to the
fiber when the analog feed goes dark? Maybe...but content creation
without content distribution would be pointless, don't you think??

Darryl