[SBE] defining broadcast engineering education

Larry Will lhwill at verizon.net
Tue Mar 18 16:45:51 EDT 2008

More .02.

As I was pursuing my education and having been heavy into
Broadcasting, I decided that a PE License was far more important that
a Master's degree. So in the late 1970's after being out of school
over 10 years, I studied and studied and finally passed the EIT
(Engineer in Training) in NJ followed up by the PE in 1983.

I have always had a nack for both the theory and the practical
applications and I am still learning. No bragging just saying one
has to keep up. Only after many years of experience did I start an
independent sole proprietorship for Consulting work. I have two
friends locally (both SBE memebers) who, while not being PE's are
sharp as a tack and are quite successful on their own. Once quit his
cluster group CE job and when out and never looked back.

I hardly ever need to "seal" any plans but the background sure helps
in tackling the bigger and bigger problems. I have saved my
employers a bundle over the years by doing consulting work in house.

Translation - value to management.

Keep on truckin!

rank over.

Larry Will, P.E.