[SBE] Recommendation on a "cell-service extender"

R. V. Zeigler rzeigler at krvn.com
Fri Mar 21 16:18:14 EDT 2008

Re:

I've been asked to recommend a "cell-service extender" for a site that has

> useable cell coverage if you stand in a "hot-spot" or go up on the building

> roof, but inadequate to no service at all inside the building.

Depending on how many floors/rooms you are wanting to cover, you might
try a passive repeater. Put a directional antenna on the roof pointed
towards your closest cell site, then run it's cable to the area you want
to cover and connect an omni-directional antenna pointed down from the
ceiling. Cheap and relatively easy. No active components. Multiple
inside antennas might be able to be used for multiple floors, but I have
never heard of this (multiple inside antennas) being done.

--
R. V. Zeigler, Dir. of Eng.
Nebraska Rural Radio Assn.
rzeigler at krvn.com