[SBE] Can Your Manager Tell You What You Do For A living?

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sat Mar 22 12:02:47 EDT 2008

A local NCE Station here (KPLU) often plans a staff picnic at their
transmitter site, perhaps the draw is the great view etc..Just recently
the station changed GM's....What did I find at Tiger Mt ? Their
two Engineers - AND - the new GM setting down at the lunch
table, each with their lunch box.

Another (KING-FM) has had a staff tour of the place. They all agreed
that it was great to see the other half of the operation giving them
all perspective as to what's out there.

In more difficult situations, where the GM would prefer the golf links ...
You can start out with PD's, SM's etc. The more the better because
transmitter sites are typically, out of sight and out of mind.

A word of caution -

Clean up the place before you attempt such a thing.... There is a
big difference between lack of facilities and/or necessary
equipment and clutter and filth. If you are looking for something
more, make sure that your part is done so that fingers won't be
pointing in your direction.

Clay Freinwald
Seattle