[SBE] FCC ADOPTS RULES FOR DELIVERY OF COMMERCIAL MOBILE ALERTS TO THE PUBLIC DURING EMERGENCIES.

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Fri Apr 11 17:10:44 EDT 2008

Thanks Mike -

Wireless devices will augment the work of broadcasters not replacement. Read the FCC releases that came before this announcement for a greater understanding of the big picture.

If you are concerned about broadcasters being bypassed in this process. Work with your local LECC or SECC to help make the broadcast side more robust with greater participation. When emergency managers and other sources - know for sure - that - ALL - broadcast stations will indeed carry their public warning messages - Then we are making progress.

Thanks -

Clay Freinwald
Chair, SBE EAS Committee