[SBE] Copper Thefts

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sun Apr 20 01:31:18 EDT 2008

Seems to me that we need to look seriously at the techniques used by
others that are subject to being ripped off by those that are trying to
find a way into our stuff to make a buck.

I remember hearing about the junk-yard dog. Hmmm Junk Yards
for years have had a problem with someone trying to come in late
at night and steal car parts. Granted lawyers have probably
put an end to guard-dogs, the question is...what are they doing now?

Here in this area (Seattle) the scrap metal dealers are no longer handing
cash to the jerk that brings in scrap copper. They take their picture,
finger prints and then mail them a check in 30 days. Sure has helped
in these parts.

Clay Freinwald-