[SBE] Copper Thefts

R. V. Zeigler rzeigler at krvn.com
Sun Apr 20 12:07:18 EDT 2008

I seem to remember that the military had tested a hedge that, once
established, could not be driven through and was very "discouraging" to
anyone attempting to climb over, under, or around it. While I lived in
Kansas we had what we called Hedge trees that, again, once established
were impenetrable to vehicles as well as younger trees in the stand
having thorns that were capable of penetrating boot soles. This I found
out from experience. I cut a number of them for firewood and they will
cause your chain to throw sparks if you cut up the dead branches. The
branches are used for fence posts and are practically impossible to
break. Maybe a combination of the standing hedge and Hedge (Osage
Orange) trees would be a Green partial solution to site security.
Rod

--
R. V. Zeigler, Dir. of Eng.
Nebraska Rural Radio Assn.