[SBE] sat finder

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Thu May 1 10:26:06 EDT 2008

I've put in a lot of dishes. My cheap and dirty method is to set the
elevation first, since that will intersect the sat arc in two places (unless at Zenith
at your location) then rotate for signal, then peak with the receiver. Fine
for fixed sat dishes, Vsats, etc. Skew is the inverse of the longitude between
you and the sat. I always use cross pol to set skew since the null is a lot
easier to see than the peak. Think of the arc at zenith, the sat, your longitude
and the sat longitude as a rectangle.

Henry