[SBE] The SBE Roundtable

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Sun May 4 17:42:44 EDT 2008

On Sunday 04 May 2008 01:52 pm, chscherer at everestkc.net wrote:

> No, it's not MY list. It's an SBE list. I have been asked to mind the store. Part of that is sticking to the established purpose.

> Allowing mob rule suits the mob and alientates everyone else. If 20 people want a place to chat as they like, we can do that.

> The requests for a social list have been light, but I have asked that we create one anyway. Once it's ready, the process is simple. The Roundtable is for SBE- and broadcast engineering-related topics. The other list will be for anything else. Everyone wins.

> Chriss

I'm siding with Chriss on this.
Experience elsewhere suggests this is a viable and proper solution.
( as opposed to simply killing a thread )

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

If a man stay away from his wife for seven years, the law presumes the
separation to have killed him; yet according to our daily experience,
it might well prolong his life.
-- Charles Darling, "Scintillae Juris, 1877