[SBE] The SBE Roundtable

Mark Heller wgbw at lsol.net
Sun May 4 14:03:52 EDT 2008

Just imagine for a minute, that we've got
interested college-aged kids out there.
Interested in IT and RF...a big deal for us.

God knows some of the 60 and 70 year olds out there are planning to keep
working until they're in their 90's...

And, the students sample the 'official' SBE web chat and blogs, and have to
see "Name is a Whore"! "Name is a Hypocrite"! I'd be working at Yahoo or
Google in a nano-second. Then, remember that some of you are signing your
name with your station's call letters attached to these inflammatory
remarks.
Would your station allow you to say this
stuff with their call letters attached? Would they let you say it over the
air?

Better yet, why not join me on my vacation, where tomorrow I'm going to an
entire tropical state, where the SBE chapter is totally dormant. Active in
'name only'. Let's give them a good reason to meet, and reactivate for the
well-being of ALL engineers. Especially the ones who want to stay out of
the political limelight.