[SBE] going green

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Mon May 5 12:46:18 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/4/2008 3:39:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
Paul.Reynolds at CoxRadio.com writes:

> stations and facilities doing on the technical side to promote being

> green? I'm not looking for the promotional efforts, I mean the real

> efforts. Changing lighting? Replacing inefficient systems? Alternate

> energy sources? Tell us.

Hey Chriss, why don't you lower the power to 80% on all your stations to save
power!

Lets all vote against IBOC and kill that off as we did with Quad sound, Dolby
FM encoding, and music in AM stereo. Next, lets all double the antenna gain
so we can cut the TX power in half, doesn't matter that it may screw up
pattern, coverage, penetration, or require more tower steel the power bills will be
less. Then any station with 1 KW or less must be operated from solar, wind,
fuel cell or other non bio power source. Next, we'll build 4000' towers with
common antennas for all markets that are less than 90 miles from adjacent markets
so FM and TV will need only a few hundred watts to provide LOS coverage of
all the close together markets and reduce the adjacent channel adjacent market
issues. Then the white space devices can move in.

Henry