[SBE] Black Balled

R. V. Zeigler rzeigler at krvn.com
Mon May 5 13:29:17 EDT 2008

Tim Kelley wrote:

Should large corporations owning multiple stations across the country be
allowed to black ball SBE members at all of their locations.

Tim,
Sounds to me like a de-selector process. They are not looking for anyone that is really able to go other places and make a living. They are looking for the hungry ones that will work anywhere for meager wages. I would count that as a resounding success for SBE certification! There are lots of groups out there that are more interested in the immediate bottom line with absolutely no concern of long term ramifications. The GM's etc. that are hiring in this fashion will be long gone before any of these short sighted decisions dramatically impact the next poor GM's monthly financial report. Of course, he can then blame the previous GM. Sounds like a repeating cycle to me.
Rod

--
R. V. Zeigler, Dir. of Eng.
Nebraska Rural Radio Assn.