[SBE] The SBE Roundtable

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Mon May 5 18:32:07 EDT 2008

On Monday 05 May 2008 05:53 pm, Ron Castro wrote:

> Most e-mail clients have "rules" that can filter mail into specific boxes

> you create. In my Windows Mail, any mail with [SBE] in the subject line

> goes to the SBE box. Same with [RT] for Radio-Tech. Since the [ and ]

> characters aren't used much, the sort works very reliably.

Personally, I filter list traffic on the To: line, since all list traffic
is to one and only one e-mail address, this works 100%.

For me, the chain is multiple stage filtering.
First, it hits spam-o-matic, which discards something like 99.87%
of all traffic as spam. Yeah, 10K or so have gotten through out of
a million or so total, and three have been mistakenly tagged
spam falsely.
What's left is further filtered by list, or what could be a list.
All traffic from certain clients is filtered into respective client
mailbox "folders."
Almost none makes it to the catch-all folder.
Managing a large volume of mail traffic is pretty much a snap
this way. Don't know how I could possibly manage without
proper filtering.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.