[SBE] Going Green, Saves Green

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Tue May 6 16:54:38 EDT 2008

There were several at NAB 2008. We picked A-B for small size so the newsies
are less likely to smash it. We use DSR 400 300 series cameras with A-B
converter plates and 4 hr bricks. We will move to 720P solid state memory cameras
later this year after we decide between the major brands as part of a major news
expansion. We had short life (shoot time) with the Sony Lithion. The newsies
managed to break the internal battery welds by dropping the A-B bricks a
couple times. I keep telling them their next cameras will be from Fisher Price.
The Ultra Light II units are shambles with regular socket failures, wire shorts,
lost pieces.

Henry