[SBE] Going Green, Saves Green

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Tue May 6 17:10:24 EDT 2008

There is zero heat with the LED's. The color temp is 5600k although to the
eye they are a little cool blue, the CCD chips see them OK. We had regular
fixtures (various 250w-2k lamps) and some KinoFLO broads. The LED's are for
general light with Kino's for some green screen and flat fill and the usual small
spots for backfill, etc. The LED's serve as the live news room office lights as
well and the new HD MCR will use them in the operating area as they are able
to be aimed to prevent screen glare as track light replacements. A simple
overhead grid of fixtures does it, and its a lot nicer looking than 2 x 4 panels
of old style fixtures. We've called it star light because they are so small
but do such a nice job. The fixtures are Aristar AR-LED-TR-247-SAP-10-11-E-6
120V 7.5 watts. The FL's are 3 tube 32 watt each. There are other models less
and more expensive.

Henry