[SBE] Black Balled

Ted Randall engineering at accessnashville.com
Wed May 7 02:58:46 EDT 2008

It is a sign of the times.
They think it a waste of time for the engineer to attend NAB or attend any
kind of training or classes.
SBE is a waste of time for them as well.
I had a engineering superior tell me RF safety training was a waste of time.
A short time later the same company had a major RF exposure calamity
resulting in losses and a lawsuit.
We are required to have as much specialized knowledge and skill as a doctor
but we must do it all on our own.
You get punished for doing things right in this day and age.
You will get blackballed today for doing the right thing!
I think we are now seeing the tip of the iceberg.
I believe this kind and style of management is about to reap a bumper crop
and we will be able to see it all happen.
There are a lot of problems developing in many places due to shortsighted
management and ownership.
In the end it is going to cost them large sums of money and terrible losses.
Greed and shortcuts never leads to success!

A great quote...
"It costs a lot of money to talk on the radio" Everett Lawson former WSM
Chief Engineer