[SBE] Black Balled

Adrienne Abbott weathertop at charter.net
Wed May 7 14:43:46 EDT 2008

>From Ted: "Greed and shortcuts never leads to success!"

The same thing started happening about five years ago in the newsrooms. Now
the newscasts are filled with very junior reporters who can only write in
cliché's and producers who don't know how to stack a show while management
is trying to figure out why their ratings are in the toilet. Once in a while
someone wants to complain to me about how much better off the industry was
back when the FCC licensed engineers. My response is that they have the
right to hire qualified technical staff and that SBE Certification is one
way to ensure that they are getting a knowledgeable employee. At least there
are a few GM's out there who want quality staff.
Adrienne