[SBE] Conversion to HD

Gary Blievernicht Garyb at wkar.org
Wed May 7 09:34:05 EDT 2008

I have met with several viewers who have canceled cable or satellite and are now happy with DTV reception. Michigan is in a recession, and has been for some time. Canceling cable or satellite can save about $600/year.

I wonder which vendor is trying to chop off their own, er, foot with an $80 fee to install a box

>>> <gpowell2 at bellsouth.net> 5/6/2008 22:45 >>>

I have been reading all of the comments concerning the
upcoming switch to HD and would like to make an observation
on this matter.
Recently in the Shreveport Times newspaper they listed fees
that would be applied to anyone going digital. ex. $80.00 service
call to come to the house and put in the new box. I believe it was
$40.00 for the the box plus a monthly fee to rent the box. Wife
used that paper to stuff a box we sending to someone. What
has been said in other areas. I have not seen this mentioned in
the ads talking about the change.

Gene gpowell2 at bellsouth.net