[SBE] remotely controling an Endec

Vinny Lopez vinlopez at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 7 11:22:28 EDT 2008

We are planning on putting a Sage Endec at our translator, since it is
in a different EAS area than the main station, and was wondering if
anyone has a similar situation to this. I would like to take the
handheld pod and run it through a couple of Black Box serial to IP
converters and run it through a VPN to the remote site, so that the hand
pod is at the station controlling the endec at the translator site. I am
having some issues getting the serial ports on the black box to work
with the endec and pod. Anyone have this kind of a setup working? I
know black box support is great, and would be a good place to start, but
I don't know if Harris could provide the required info to get them talking.

Vinny