[SBE] remotely controling an Endec

Reynolds, Paul (CXR-San Antonio) Paul.Reynolds at CoxRadio.com
Wed May 7 11:26:37 EDT 2008

Burk makes a serial to IP box I seem to recall seeing at NAB last month.
www.burk.com

Paul K. Reynolds, C.E.
paul.reynolds at coxradio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of
Vinny Lopez
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:22 AM
To: sbe at sbe.org
Subject: [SBE] remotely controling an Endec

We are planning on putting a Sage Endec at our translator, since it is
in a different EAS area than the main station, and was wondering if
anyone has a similar situation to this. I would like to take the
handheld pod and run it through a couple of Black Box serial to IP
converters and run it through a VPN to the remote site, so that the hand

pod is at the station controlling the endec at the translator site. I am

having some issues getting the serial ports on the black box to work
with the endec and pod. Anyone have this kind of a setup working? I
know black box support is great, and would be a good place to start, but

I don't know if Harris could provide the required info to get them
talking.

Vinny