[SBE] Certification opportunity: The AM Transmission Seminar in Austin

Phil Alexander dynotherm at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 15:33:53 EDT 2008

On 15 May 2008 at 9:07, Bill Whitt wrote:

> This is pretty cool ... I have a question though. I'm a TV guy, dealing

> mostly with this digital conversion and maintaining all that goes with our

> current analog systems. Would this seminar be a little over the head of an

> individual who is currently not in Radio at all? Our station is thinking

> about "branching" out into the radio world. AM is pretty much wide open in

> our area, and I think its cheap to start.

> Let me know because if this is what we need to get me up to speed. I will

> try to push for it.

Bill,

I think my erstwhile partner in crime - Alan Alsobrook - may
reply in more detail but the short version is we designed the
AM Transmission Seminar to cover the one big gap that most
experienced FM/VHF engineers have in the AM area. That would
be transmission from Tx output to antenna/tower or tower array
in the case of a DA. Thus, if you have a good VHF background
the answer to the your question is, no, it shouldn't be over
your head, but it will be very different from VHF/UHF
transmission.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065 FAX (317) 335-9037