[SBE] Copper theft law in Missouri

chscherer at everestkc.net chscherer at everestkc.net
Thu May 22 00:23:34 EDT 2008

I agree with you. A law alone is not the final solution. From what I hear from the Missouri side (I live in Kansas), this step appears to have the legs to make some changes. I'm hopeful it does. Personally, I think the fines should be higher. The material payment vs. the potential penalty is not a significant difference. But please note that I'm not trying to punch holes in the effort either.

I am curious if other states have taken similar steps. Also, what are the penalties? Has it had any effect on the problem?

Chriss