[SBE] Copper theft law in Missouri

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu May 22 09:37:53 EDT 2008

On Thursday 22 May 2008 12:23 am, chscherer at everestkc.net wrote:

> I agree with you. A law alone is not the final solution.

It's a social problem. Criminals rights, and all that.

Turkey was rumored to have a law.
DUI first offense, punishable by death.
VERY few second offenders.

Though I've never been able to substantiate that this law actually
existed, even prior to being pressured to abolish all of their
death penalties by the good ol' US of A a while back, it still
seems not a terrible idea.

Now, I've been told I'm a bit extreme at times, but it seems
these thieves do an extreme amount of damage with little
consequence to themselves.
As soon as the cost exceeds the return, they'll stop.

Law means almost nothing, except to lawyers.
It's the certainty of consequence that means anything at all.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own elite, its own aristocracy
based on excellence of performance. -- James Bryant Conant