[SBE] Loose Circuit Board

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu May 22 09:41:35 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 08:21 pm, Frank Felker wrote:

> I have a Sony UVW-1800 that will intermittently lose the component

> input. I can solve the problem by reseating the circuit cards that are

> located parallel to the backplane. Is there something I can spray on the

> cards, or do to the card edges that will allow them to stay connected

> better? The deck is in an edit room and is not moved around.

Try your local paint store.
Look for replacement carbon tetrachloride.
The replacement is tri-chlor.
Either 1,1,1 Tri-Chlor, or failing that, dry cleaning fluid, which
is per-chlor ( similar, but not as volatile ) will clean them well,
without attacking the surfaces of various plastics, plating and such.
A Q-tip with this stuff should be more than adequate.

( your local dry cleaner will probably give you a couple ounces )

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own elite, its own aristocracy
based on excellence of performance. -- James Bryant Conant