[SBE] EAS -- This is getting out of hand

Bill Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Wed May 28 19:42:02 EDT 2008

There has got to be a better way to do EAS at remote locations. I have been
tasked with the install of 4 satellite downlinks . and the EAS system is
exactly . if not real close . TO HALF the cost of the antenna, cable,
decoder, and redundancy equipment. I sourced the Trilithic that is on the
road show. It's cheaper and an awesome system . I don't know if I should say
any pricing, but WOW it's more than I expected. If I take this cost and
multiply it by 4 . I can buy a tricked out Escalade.

There has got to be a way to take different locations EAS, broadcast the EAS
information in those areas, without a complete system per site. I'm thinking
of satellite broadcast companies and the hundreds of downlinks . You know
they ain't spending this money per site. There's got to be a way to get EAS
to meet FCC requirement . without sourcing an entire system per site.

I might be just thick, and I'm just not seeing it yet.

Please HELP!! I can't see all that money going out just for EAS stuff

Bill Whitt

Bill Whitt

Better Life Broadcasting Network

Phone: 541-474-3089